About Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel Cairns
Dreamtime Snorkel & Dive
Dive and Snorkel Cairns with Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel. Step back into the Great Barrier Reef’s Dreamtime with Indigenous sea rangers on a day tour to two spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef sites. Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel is a unique reef educational Great Barrier Reef experience incorporating the world’s oldest living culture and the stories Traditional Owners have passed down over tens of thousands of years.
Snorkellers and divers will experience two premium outer reef sites. Cruise directly to Moore Reef where you will have the opportunity to explore the underwater world with included snorkelling and glass bottom boat experiences, or choose a helicopter flight from our amazing Combo Packages.
After two hours at Moore Reef, cruise to Milln or Flynn Reef for a further three hours of in-water activities – snorkelling and diving, catering for beginners through to certified divers. A relaxing five hours to explore two premium outer reef sites and gain a deeper cultural understanding of this diverse ecosystem.
Included in your day:
- Indigenous welcome and acknowledgment
- Great Barrier Reef creation story
- Two premium outer reef sites
- FREE Guided Snorkel Tour with a Marine Naturalist
- FREE Glass Bottom Boat coral viewing tours
- FREE Wet Suit or Lycra Suit
- Less than 90 minutes travel time to reef
- Morning and Afternoon Tea
- Coffee, Tea and Drinking Water
- Freshly prepared buffet lunch
- Personal floatation devices
- Fresh water rinse showers
- Marine Biologist presentation
- Unlimited snorkelling with all snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel, fins)
- Only 65 passengers maximum
- EMC levy
DREAMTIME DIVE ITINERARY
- 07:30 Check-in inside Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Reef Magic counter
- 08:00 Depart Cairns Marlin Jetty
- Less than 90 minute vessel transfer direct to the Outer Reef
- 09:30 Arrive at your first private Outer Reef location
- Spend a relaxing 5 hours at 2 premium outer reef locations
- 15:00 Depart outer reef returning to Cairns
- 16:30 Arrive back in Cairns
Hotel Transfers are not included, however can be added at an additional fee
- Introductory Diving
- Certified Diving
- Guided snorkel Safari
- Souvenirs & drinks from the bar
- Prescription Lens Magnification 1.5 to -8
- Dive/Snorkel photographer
- Lockers for personal items
- Underwater Camera Hire
Guided Snorkel Safari: Want to learn more about the reef ?
Join our Marine Naturalist on an interactive snorkel safari exploring the spectacular outer reef. These sites are famous for their extensive coral formations & HUGE schools of fish! Suitable for competent snorkelers who are comfortable in the water. Moderate intensity.
- Certified Diving:
All dives are with a professional dive guide, all equipment, wet suit & use of dedicated dive tender vessel. With 5 hours at the reef experience up to 2 uniquely different dives in a day. Our dive tender provides access to a selection of magnificent drift, wall & channel dives, suiting divers of all experience levels. Certified divers must present a valid certification card.
- Introductory Diving:
An introductory dive assumes no prior experience and taking visitors diving for the first time is our specialty. After a comprehensive dive brief and practicing some basic in-water skills our professional instructors will guide you through an incredible underwater experience you will never forget! Minimum age 12 years. No experience necessary. All equipment provided.
What to bring:
- Swimmers, towel, sunscreen (SPF 30+ water resistant), hat, sunglasses, camera
- Cash ($AUD) or credit card (VISA or Masterard) for on-board purchases.
Please note - Dive Conditions
All diving is subject to successful completion of an on-board medical questionnaire. Certain medical conditions (ie: asthma) and some medications may exclude individuals from diving. The minimum legal age for diving is 12 years. All divers under 18 years of age must have parent/guardian consent. Certified Divers must produce Certification Card. Please note, it is recommended to leave at least 12-24 hours between diving & flying with the time period dependant on depth, duration and number of dives.
Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel Cairns Reviews
Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel Cairns
07:30 Check-in inside Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Reef Magic counter