About AquaQuest | Port Douglas Reef Day Tour
Day Trips to the Outer Great Barrier Reef from Port Douglas
One of the best things to do in Port Douglas is a day trip to Outer Great Barrier Reef. Join our friendly and professional crew for an awesome day trip to the best of the Outer Reef
- Check In: Daily 8:00am AquaQuest, Port Douglas Marina
- Return: Daily, approximately 4.30pm
- Locations: 2 Snorkel / Dive sites on Agincourt, Opal & St Crispins Reefs
- Activities : Snorkeling and up to 3 dives for Certified or Introductory Divers. Nitrox Fills and Courses available.
AquaQuest is a brand new custom built luxury dive and snorkel vessel being introduced to Port Douglas. She is fully equipped with the most modern and state of the art facilities including Nitrox. As the newest vessel in Port Douglas she will give passengers an unrivaled comfort with the best experience available as we visit some of the best dive and snorkel locations on the Outer Great Barrier Reef at Agincourt, Opal and St Crispin's Reefs.
Where do we go?
We have 9 exclusive mooring sites we can visit on the Great Barrier Reef at Agincourt, St Crispins and Opal reefs. We use a wide variety of these to ensure a minimal environmental impact to the pristine coral formations we visit. Our dive sites are frequented by myriads of tropical and Palegic Fish, Rays, Turtles, (friendly) Sharks and the ever popular diver friendly Maori Wrasse. There are swim throughs, wall and drift dives that will appeal to every level of diver experience.
The dive sites are chosen on a daily basis by the vessel Captains for the best variety and visibility according to the weather conditions.appeal to every level of diver experience. The dive sites are chosen on a daily basis by the vessel Captains for the best variety and visibility according to the weather conditions.
- 4 hours on the outer reef
- Visit two exclusive dive locations
- Morning tea including pastries with choice of tea or coffee
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch
- Hot fresh water showers
- Detailed snorkel and dive briefings
- Free guided snorkeling tour and safety spotters
- Free professional certified diver guides (optional)
- Free use of dive / snorkel equipment
- (including masks, snorkel, fins and flotation devices)
- Free use of wet and stinger suits
- Free prescription mask (deposit required)
DETAILED TRIP ITINERARY
- Accommodation pick up from Cairns at 7:00 am, Northern Beaches 7:30 am and Port Douglas 7:45 to 8:00 am- Please note that these times are approximate
- All guests are taken to the check in desk located at the Marina, here you will exchange your booking vouchers for boarding passes
- Crew members will direct you to AquaQuest where your boarding pass will be exchanged for a fabulous day on the Great Barrier Reef
- Get your phone ready as the on-board photographer will be taking a snap of you and your friends before you board to keep as a souvenir.
- Some paperwork will be required to be filled out for snorkeling, introductory diving and certified diving activities.
- Next you will be fitted out with snorkeling or diving equipment.
- AquaQuest will depart at 8:30 am. The trip to the reef will take approximately one hour and twenty minutes. During this time the crew will present you with a safety briefing and those that are either introductory diving or certified diving will be briefed on their activities of the day. For the rest of the cruise out enjoy the scenery, make your way up to the sun deck or get to know the skipper who will be happy to explain to you how he finds the reef everyday….
- Once arrived at the reef the certified divers and introductory divers will hit the water at one of our fabulous dive sites. All passengers who are enjoying the snorkeling experience for the day will be taken to the top deck and shown from this great vantage point where the best snorkeling spots are and what they can expect to find. A thorough explanation on how to use the snorkeling equipment will be provided and our friendly crew will jump in the water with you to show you the abundant marine life.
- By 11:30 we will have moved to our second location for the day. Those partaking in diving activities will hit the water again, For those that are snorkeling you can have some lunch first or jump in to find Nemo, Dory and all of their friends.
- All the divers will be out of the water by about 12:30 ready to have their lunch.
- At around 1:00pm there will be a reef interpretation talk held on the top deck by one of our very knowledgeable crew to discuss what you have found so far and give you more information on the Great Barrier Reef.
- In water activities commence again 2:00 pm for divers and snorkelers alike.
- Around 3:00 pm AquaQuest will be heading back to Port Douglas for a 4:30 pm arrival time. Coach services back to your accommodation will be provided
Day Trip Snorkeling aboard AquaQuest
The reef being just a few meters away from the waters surface, you will be able to explore all these wonders just by floating at the surface. Relax, breathe in your snorkel and be ready to discover a multitude of fishes, corals and other wildlife populating the reef.
Our Brand new luxury vessel AquaQuest is fantastic value for money with unlimited snorkeling on two different reef locations.
Snorkeling is the easiest way to discover the Great Barrier Reef, it is as simple as breathing. If you have never snorkeled before, don't worry, a briefing is held on board, explaining how to put and use the snorkeling gear. All of the snorkeling equipment you will require is supplied as part of your trip, including a wetsuit or stinger suit. Prescription masks are also available upon request.
Discover SCUBA aboard AquaQuest
Introductory diving requires no previous diving experience. If you are able to swim, you can usually dive. The only requirement is that you are 12 years old or more and you will be asked to fill out some paperwork, including a medical statement.
Whilst you are on your way to the Great Barrier reef you will be given a briefing outlining what is involved (usually about 45 minutes). This briefing will outline the procedures that will make your experience a safe and unforgettable one (the diving skills, the communication under water, some explanation about the marine wildlife).
The supervision by our highly qualified dive instructors is very close at all times, there will be a maximum of 4 divers with 1 instructor. You will go to a maximum depth of 12 m (40ft) and these dives generally last around 1/2 hour. During the dive you can expect to see the Great Barrier Reef in all its glory - You will discover excitement and adventure - freedom and serenity. Nothing compares to the "weightless" exhilaration of breathing underwater.
Certified SCUBA aboard AquaQuest
The warm waters of Agincourt, Opal and St Crispins Reefs offer excellent conditions to enjoy your diving experience. With more than 1,000 different species of fish, you will be amazed by all the diversity the Great Barrier Reef has to offer. You will probably spot some 'Nemos', some parrot fishes, shy sharks, the friendly Maori Wrasse called Wally, some turtles and many more creatures.
If you would like to make the most of your experience or if you haven't been diving for a certain time and don't feel really confident going with a buddy, ask one of our friendly crew members for a shared guided dive at no extra cost. It is the best way to see the reef as they know where to take you to see the best spots and wildlife.
During your day trip, you will be able to dive in two different locations on the reef, chosen according to the weather conditions, the visibility. The reefs are all different to each others; you could be diving in a coral garden once and then diving between coral towers, or along reef walls. Be ready to be amazed at all time!
One last important thing, make sure to bring your certification card and your logbook with you, as you will need to show them to our crew.
What To Bring
- Hat, towel, swimsuit
- Certified Divers please bring
- Cert-Card & Logbook
- EMC ($6.50 per person per day)
AquaQuest | Port Douglas Reef Day Tour Reviews
AquaQuest | Port Douglas Reef Day Tour
Check In Daily, 8:00am inside Port Douglas Reef Marina