About Coral Sea Dreaming Dive, Snorkel & Sail
GREAT BARRIER REEF DIVE SNORKEL & SAIL
Short on time and looking for a more personal Great Barrier Reef scuba diving and snorkeling cruise? Allow us to welcome you aboard Coral Sea Dreaming for a 2-day 1-night live aboard reef sleep. Hosting a maximum of 12 guests, dive, snorkel and sail the Great Barrier Reef aboard Cairns only overnight vessel with low group numbers.
With access to 30 exclusive moorings including the best of the outer Great Barrier Reef, we are sure to excite. Perfect for the beginner scuba diver or snorkeler through to the most experienced diver, our passionate PADI and SSI instructors are ready to take you on an underwater treasure hunt through pristine outer reefs full of an abundance of vibrant coral and marine life.
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Departures are from Finger “A” at the Marlin Marina in Cairns (near Reef Fleet Terminal) and boarding time is 7:30 am.
- Departs at approx. 8:00am and returns at approx. 4:30pm.
- Maximum of 12 Passengers per trip (will operate with a minimum of 4 passengers)
- Specially prepared meals on-board including 3 hot meals (Special diets catered for - please advise in advance)
- Morning & Afternoon Tea & fresh fruit snacks
- Hot Showers
- Fresh Linen & bath towels
- Wetsuits & Lycra suits
- Snorkelling Equipment
- Prescription masks (must be pre-booked)
- Quality Dive Gear including. computers (with paid dives)
Coral Sea Dreaming is a spacious 18 metre (60 foot) Ketch made of steel with a beautiful wooden interior and different cabin options to please the most discerning traveller. She is spacious and comfortable, featuring:
- 3 private cabins with double beds
- 2x single bunks
- family cabin or quad share with 1x double or 2x singles + 2x single beds.
Coral Sea Dreaming owns 20 moorings on 9 different sites including Flynn Reef, Hastings Reef, Norman Reef, Michaelmas Reef, Upolu Cay, Milln Reef, Thetford Reef, Moore Reef.
Your Great Barrier Reef adventure will include up close and personal encounters with turtles, reef sharks, barracuda and Maori wrasse as you visit up to five different sites over two days.
- Day One:
Arrive on-board and enjoy morning tea before departing for the Great Barrier Reef. Set sail to your first reef location. On arrival at the reef enjoy time to snorkel and dive, followed by lunch and more scuba diving, snorkelling or sunbathing. The boat generally moves to a second mooring where usually the crew will offer a guided snorkel tour for those interested in learning more about the reef. Afternoon tea is served. Move onto another reef site where passengers can undertake a night dive. Dinner is served once activities are completed (during winter, dinner may be served prior to night diving). After dinner, passengers enjoy tea and coffee, a drink and tall tales.
- Day Two:
Wake up on the reef and enjoy fresh coffee or tea with breakfast then take a morning swim, snorkel or dive. Depart to the next reef location, for more fun in the water before morning tea. After mid-morning depart for the last anchorage for the day for your last chance to soak up the sun or snorkel. Lunch is served before 'Hoisting the Sails' as you journey back to Cairns.
* Please note itinerary is subject to change due to weather conditions.
Things to know about Scuba Diving:
- Under Australian scuba diving legislation, all scuba divers are required to complete a dive medical form on board the vessel. A copy can be downloaded here.
- Passengers with a history of asthma, heart, ear and other medical conditions may be precluded from diving. 18 hours surface interval is recommended before flying. Please be certain of your clear health condition before booking the scuba dive option.
- Minimum age for scuba diving is 12 years.
Coral Sea Dreaming Dive, Snorkel & Sail Reviews
Kalina Dominika Michalowska
Coral Sea Dreaming Dive, Snorkel & Sail
Berth 2/ 'A' Finger, Marlin Marina, 1 Spence St Cairns, QLD, 4870 AUSTRALIA