| $ 165Evolution Barrier Reef Tour
Special Expires 25 Jul 2030
Five hours at the reef, professional, friendly and attentive staff
Five hours at the reef, professional, friendly and attentive staff
About Evolution | Great Barrier Reef Experience
The Evolution Great Barrier Reef Experience
Adventure awaits when you cruise from Cairns onboard the fastest, award-winning luxury vessel “EVOLUTION” for the best value tour to the Outer Great Barrier Reef for an adventure filled day.
Snorkel, enjoy multiple Introductory or Certified scuba dives or join a Semi-Submarine Tour exploring two stunning reef sites. With five hours reef time, this tour offers you more time to explore the world’s most famous National Park. A gourmet buffet lunch, together with live music and free glass of wine with nibbles provide a level of service and comfort unmatched.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Evolution.
Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
Special Child & Family Rates
We offer special rates for families. Please check the booking form for up to date family pricing for your group.
- Infants (3 Years & Under) travel free
- Children (4 - 16 years) 50% Off
- Family (2 Adults & 2 Children) 1 Child Travels Free
- 2 stunning outer reef sites
- Fast Vessel Less travel time
- 5 Hours Reef Time
- Snorkelling equipment & floatation devices provided
- Hot BBQ Lunch (Hot meats, fish, prawns & a variety of fresh salads, vegetarian option available)
- Free lycra/sun suit hire
- Fruit platter, cheese and a glass of wine on return journey
- Experienced, professional dive instructors
- Large air-conditioned modern lounges to relax in comfort
Your Day on Evolution
The Evolution Great Barrier Reef Tour departs daily from Cairns . Checkin is from 7.15am - 8.00am at the Reef Fleet Terminal.
- 7:30AM : Check-in at the Reef Fleet Terminal - 1 Spence St, Cairns
- 8.15AM : Evolution departs Cairns to its first location
- 11:30AM : Enjoy a BBQ buffet lunch onboard
- 1:00PM : Evolution arrives at its second location
- 3:00PM : Evolution departs for Cairns
- 4:30PM : Evolution arrives back in Cairns
Experience snorkelling on the outer Great Barrier Reef. Enjoy 5 hours on the Reef, on board the newest, fastest and most luxurious vessel from Cairns, giving you plenty of time to enjoy all of our included and optional activities, while still having time for lunch and relaxation.
The most popular activity on the reef is snorkelling. Jump in and explore the underwater world at two distinctive reef locations.
All snorkel equipment is included and our gear is best quality and well maintained. Guests are greeted upon boarding Evolution by our team, and will be personally fitted with snorkel, mask and fins and if you require them - we offer flotation vests & noodles if you need a little more assistance in the water.
Our amazing team will assist you with getting your gear, with every guest given a number indicating a storage space where they can keep all their equipment together and ready to use from the back deck throughout the day.
We have a variety of equipment sizes to suit everyone (from small kids masks to big adult feet) and we offer prescription mask too (ask our friendly staff for assistance)
No experience necessary!
Try your first scuba dive on the outer Great Barrier Reef onboard Cairn's newest, fastest and most luxurious vessel for the best value introductory dive package in Queensland.
That’s right, if you have never dived before, and have always wished to experience first-hand the beauty of the underwater world you can arrange an Introductory dive with one of our friendly and professional Instructors.
Through the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program you will be taught all the basic skills required to dive down to a depth of up to 12 metres while accompanied by one of our experienced PADI qualified instructors.
Divers are broken up into small groups of 4 people, are always guided and the experience lasts up to 20 minutes giving you time to feel comfortable and begin to enjoy your first dive on the Great Barrier Reef.
Evolution's massive back deck, combined with specially designed fold out 'Wings' which to provide more space, comfort and safety for our guests as they enter the water.
Jump in from Evolutions perfectly designed outer 'wings' platforms, providing you with unequalled access to explore an underwater world 10,000 years in the making. Buddy up and dive at your own pase, or hire one of our marine guides who will take you on trails, including Fish Bowl and The Tunnel!
EVOLUTION travels to 2 of our 12 exclusive outer reef dive locations every day. With over 5 hours at the reef, there's plenty of time between dives for snorkelling and relaxation. Our certified divers can enjoy up to 3 dives per day, either guided with one of our professional Divemasters or with your own dive buddy or one we can provide for you.
Each dive takes up to 50 minutes and to a depth of up to 18 metres.
Our experienced, environmentally conscious Divemasters know all the best areas at our sites, and know how to find and interact with all the amazing marine life.
All snorkel & scuba equipment is provided for you on the day but you are welcome to use your own enquipment if you have it with you.
Important information for diving:
- Participants must be at least 12 years of age
- All divers must complete a Medical Questionnaire. Please be aware that certain medical conditions (eg asthma, heart disease, diabetes) and/or prescription medication may preclude some people from diving.
- You will need to fill out the following documents for diving - you can download them and fill them out now or fill them out on the day. Please have a look at them to see what is required:
- Divers medical questionnaire
- Divers waiver
- Divers over 65yrs require a medical - if you answer YES to any question you will be referred to a qualified physician for a Dive Medical assessment. You will not be allowed to dive until you are declared medically fit to dive.
- For advice please contact our office directly. Final decisions rest with our qualified dive instructors who consider your safety – our highest priority.
- Lycra suits are included free of charge. Wet Suits are available for hire at $10 per person.
Marine Biology Guided Snorkel Tour
Learn the secrets of the reef from our marine biologist and then explore the coral gardens on a guided snorkel tour.
Our team of dedicated Marine Biologists are actively engaged in conservation work on the Great Barrier Reef. Their weekly tasks include collation of data via observational surveys as part of the Eye on the Reef program with the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority.
Join these professional men and women for a guided snorkel tour, which takes approximately 20 minutes - and which will bring you up close and personal with the extraordinary marine life and colourful coral.
For first timers, this is also a great way to learn the art of snorkelling and feel comfortable in the water. For more experienced snorkellers this is an interactive tour that will put you on the key coral formations and marine creatures - setting you up for a great day of exploration at your own pace.
SubXplorer Semi Submersible
Enjoy the spectacular coral formations without getting wet on our board SubXplore - our semi-submersible.
The tour operates at Hastings Reef and runs for approximately 20 minutes. Our friendly team help guests board directly from Evolution safely. Once inside everyone has a seat by the enourmous viewing windows and you will be welcomed on board by our Marine Biologist who will provide live commentary in English throughout the tour - helping you understand the enormity of the world's largest living organism.
(The Semi Submarine Tour is weather permitting. This optional activity is fantastic for all ages, particuarly families with small children and non-swimmers)
What to bring
- Sunscreen & Hat
- Travel voucher
- Change of Clothes
- Swimmers and a towel
- Cash or Credit Card for bar and souvenir purchases
Evolution | Great Barrier Reef Experience Reviews
Helga van den Bergh
Linda Lamens Cheetham
Evolution | Great Barrier Reef Experience
Check in at the Evolution desk at the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal - 1 Spence Street, Cairns between 7.15am-8.00am