| $ 250Great Adventures | Outer Reef Pontoon
Special Expires 22 Aug 2030
About Great Adventures | Outer Barrier Reef Tour
Great Barrier Reef Adventure
Experience breathtaking beauty of the Outer Great Barrier Reef with Great Adventures. From the comfort of the stable reef activity platform, this is the perfect base for swimmers and non-swimmers to explore. Snorkel and dive, visit the underwater observatory, cruise in a semi-sub, or just relax on the sundeck with a delicious buffet lunch - There is something here for everyone.
Great Barrier Reef Inclusions:
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Morning tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Morning tea cake selection
- Three (3) hours at Outer Reef Activity Platform
- Snorkelling equipment
- Use of buoyancy vests & lycra/stinger suits
- Reef education presentation
- Hot and cold buffet lunch
- Semi-submersible coral reef viewing tour
- Underwater Observatory
- Guided Eco Reef Talk in the underwater observatory
- Afternoon tea and coffee available whilst at the platform, cheese and biscuits on return journey.
Booking & Check-in Procedure
Check-in for the Great Adventures Ourter Reef Trip between 9.30 & 10am at the Great Adventures Reservations Counter inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal. Boarding starts from 10am and you will depart Cairns at 10.30am
Great Adventures Family Pricing
We offer special rates for families. Please check the booking form for up to date family pricing for your group.
- Adults (15+ years)
- Infants (3 Years & Under) travel free
- Children (4 - 14 years) Roughly Half Price
- Family (2 Adults & 2 Children) 1 Child travels free
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets.
Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Great Adventures
After you complete your booking you will receive an e-mail confirmation & ticket instantly.
Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up without a booking.
Your Day at Great Barrier Reef
- Check-in at Great Adventures Reservations Counter inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal to obtain your boarding pass.
- Vessel boarding.
- Complimentary morning tea/coffee served on boarding.
- For your safety hot drinks are not served once the vessel is underway.
- Depart Reef Fleet Terminal for the Outer Great Barrier Reef platform via Green Island.
- Cake selection served on forward journey.
- During your journey to the reef, a Reef Presentation is shown on the vessel’s monitors.
- Snorkelling demonstration by crew.
- Arrive at the Outer Great Barrier Reef platform
- Reef activities commence…
- Semi-submersible coral viewing tour with informative commentary departs every 30 minutes or as advised.
- Snorkel directly from the platform. Collect your snorkel gear and buoyancy vests once on the platform.
- Underwater observatory is open throughout the day for coral and fish viewing.
- Pre-booked optional activities including introductory diving, Scuba-Doo and scenic helicopter flights commence as advised.
- Hot and cold buffet lunch is served.
- Time for more reef activities or just relax on the sundeck and take in the views!
- Tea and coffee is available whilst at the platform
- A blast on the ship’s horn will signal the time when all passengers should return to the vessel ready for departure.
- A passenger count is conducted before leaving the Reef. Crew will announce when this commences and we ask all passengers to co-operate during this very important procedureby not moving about the vessel.
- Departure to Cairns via Green Island.
- Complimentary cheese and biscuits served on homeward journey.
- Arrive Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal.
Great Adventures | Outer Barrier Reef Tour Reviews
Great Adventures | Outer Barrier Reef Tour
Check-in at Great Adventures Reservations Counter inside the Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal to obtain your boarding pass.