Get the best service and rates by dealing direct with Quicksilver.
| From $ 264Quicksilver Outer Barrier Reef
Special Expires 31 Mar 2020
About Quicksilver Outer Barrier Reef
Agincourt Ribon Reef Cruise
For your experience of a lifetime,Quicksilver takes you to Agincourt Reef, a magnificent ribbon reef at the very edge of Australia's Continental Shelf, where you can snorkel, dive or stay dry and explore the stunning reef from the comfort of a Quicksilver semi-sub.
Watch the fish feeding from Quicksilver's unique underwater viewing platform and underwater observatory, or fly in a helicopter over the reef.
Included in your day
- Morning and afternoon teas on board.
- Reef presentation by marine biologist.
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch.
- All snorkelling equipment provided.
- Return Wavepiercer cruise from Port Douglas
- Qualified snorkelling safety officers on hand
- Underwater observatory fish & coral viewing
- Coral viewing by semi-submersible vessels
- Fish feeding [conducted by crew]
The Platform at Agincourt Reef Site
Floating like an island in a coral sea the platforms have tables for you to enjoy lunch, undercover seating, fresh water showers and change rooms to allow you to enjoy your day. There is also a water powered lift to allow easy access for all passengers.
Semi Submersible Coral Viewing
If you would like to stay dry, then you can explore the stunning reef from the comfort of a Quicksilver sub. The semi submersibles cruise slowly through the colourful coral gardens giving passengers the opportunity to experience a snorkellers-eye view of the marine life.
The semi-sub experience takes approximately twenty-five minutes and includes an informed commentary on the marine life observed during the journey and an overview of the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef. Semi-subs depart every fifteen minutes from the rear of the platform.
You can also see the coral and watch the fish feeding from Quicksilver's unique viewing platform and underwater observatory located directly in front of the platform. From here, you can also view "first time" divers taking part in introductory dives and snorkellers.
Snorkelling is one of the best ways to view the incredible underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef, and Quicksilver's friendly staff are on hand to show you how. On your way out to Agincourt Reef you can view an instructional video on how to snorkel to teach you the right techniques.
Upon reaching the outer reef, you can obtain your snorkelling equipment from the storage containers on the platform. Lycra stinger suits are also available to hire. Fish feeding takes place from the platform so you can view the marine life up close.
If you would like to learn a little more about the Great Barrier Reef whilst snorkelling, you may like to try one of the optional Snorkelling Expeditions with a qualified Marine Biologist. This is at an additional cost.
- Certified diving
- Introductory diving
- Oceanwalker "Helmet" Diving
- Marine Biologist guided snorkel expedition
- Reef Scenic Helicopter flights
What to Bring
- Your camera.
- Swimming costume and beach towel.
- Hat, sunscreen and shirt for sun protection.
- Cash for drinks at the bar.
- Credit cards for shopping and optional tours.
- Underwater cameras available for purchase.
Quicksilver Outer Barrier Reef Reviews